What you need:
- peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- ginger, coarsely chopped (depends on how ginger-y you want this to be)
- 3-4 gloves garlic, chopped
- couple of coriander roots, scrubbed well (optional)
- about 400 grams of chicken, cut into strips (left over roast chicken will do)
- one liter of chicken stock
- 500 grams fresh Hookien noodles
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- coriander, chopped
How you do it:
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Fry the ginger and garlic (coriander roots, if using) until fragrant.
- Fry the chicken until slightly browned.
- Pour in your chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes (until the stock is heated through).
- Add the noodles and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add the bean sprouts. Cook for about a minute (or less, like what my husband does).
- Sprinkle chopped fresh coriander before serving.
4 big serves.